Application Support Analyst
Application Support Analyst JD
Art Technology and Software India (PVT) Ltd.
Application Support Analyst profile being recruited is making sure that the existing software architecture within the business is working well and being used efficiently. You will be involved with a blend of programming and administration tasks; working with various stakeholders to resolve technical problems through analysis, diagnosis and solution definition. The role will require a balance of technical skills, business knowledge, troubleshooting expertise, and excellent soft skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Provide technical and application support to the operation of the production environment ensuring that Service Delivery meets the required standard.
• Deliver professional 2nd-3rd line application support for middleware and integration systems, performing in-depth root cause analysis or request fulfilment
• Drive excellence in application monitoring, log mining and performance tuning.
• Identify opportunities for more effective use of resource across the operations, 2nd Line and 3rd line support teams through co-operation, knowledge sharing, optimum allocation of tasks
• Produce high quality support documentation and diagrams on collaborative platforms e.g. Wiki
• Investigate and prioritise requests for support raised by business users.
• Investigate root cause and impact of incidents and escalate to 3rd line support and management where appropriate.
• Ensure all investigations and work undertaken is logged in a timely and comprehensive manner.
• Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed.
• Document and implement work rounds and revised procedures for both Application Support and Operations teams.
• Complete regular tasks to ensure system availability and follow up exceptions accordingly.
• Ensure correct procedures are followed and SLAs achieved when progressing tasks and that procedures and checklists are kept up to date.
• Focus on completing work within agreed timescales and reducing any downtime and operational impact
• Adhere to appropriate departmental and company procedures and policies: change control, security, auditing, release promotion, configuration management, incident management
• Change Implementation
• Participate in the planning and implementation of software and configuration changes to the live environment in accordance with release instructions, agreed service impacts and timescales.
• Work alongside project teams (analysts, developers, testers and implementation managers) during software release.
• Work with the operations team to ensure changes are implemented and handed over appropriately and ensure updates are made to operational procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
• 5+ years of experience as an Application/Production Support Analyst or similar role.
• Experience in a Windows based environment including 1st/2nd line support
• Experience in writing and using transact-SQL queries
• Experience in an low latency, high volume application support role, administering, configuring & maintaining some of the following multi-tier environment:
• OpsView (Nagios)
• MS SQL/Windows
• Scripting/coding experience in Python or Powershell.XC
• A logical approach and ability to think outside the box when problem solving and the flexibility to work in a fast changing 24/7 operational support environment
• Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent technical discipline.
• Ability to deal with both technical and non-technical staff and all levels of management
• Excellent organisational, interpersonal skills
• A great communicator
• Proven experience with several of the following
• Internet security
• Java Frameworks
• IIS Server knowledge
• Experience in the financial sector, ideally involving payment processing
• Experience of working in a high pressure environment where system functionality has a direct effect on the bottom line.
• Understanding of transaction processing systems, preferably with some exposure to electronic point of sale and ATMs
• Knowledge of ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) for service management
The project operates in a secure environment and all candidates will be Credit and Background checked to the extent permitted by law.